
Being a working mom, I wish I could spend some more time with R Jr. That is all a child wants.... your time. Needless to say, this is very important. But we get so caught up in the hustle bustle of our daily lives, that we tend to forget how important it is to connect with our child on an emotional level. We love our kids more than anything in this world, but sometimes forget to show them that love. Here are ten ways that I show R Jr. my utmost love for him:
- Say something silly and make them laugh. Laugh together.
- Make popcorn together. Enjoy the popcorn while watching his favorite cartoons on television.
- Sing Barney's "I love you" song together and enact it.
- Put on some music (got to be his favorite:)) and dance together. Make up some silly moves.
- Go through all his baby pictures, explain the details of the pictures and all his milestones.
- Blow raspberries on his belly. He just cannot get enough of these.
- Do a craft together. I let him decide on what he wants to do. On occasions, let him make a mess. Praise his work of art.
- Help him clean up. Clean up for him once in a while.
- Make bathtime special. Add lots of bubbles, and let him play with his tub toys. I let him put in his beach toys too.
- Make jelly sandwiches together. Use different shaped cookie cutters to cut out the sandwiches.
There are so many ways you can get creative and show them that you love and care for them. What are some ways you show your child love?
1 comment:
Hi Shanti!
Thanks for visiting my blog, leaving a comment and following. I am your newest follower! Your son is so blessed to be able to spend such fun, quality time with you! I show love for my kids by chasing them in the pool like I'm a "tickle shark" and when I reach them I poke/tickle them in their side or tummy :)
Your creative ways to say "I love you" are wonderful :) I read your first post and I too wanted to start blogging to highlight the positive blessings in my life and share these with others :)
Have a good week!
Tracy
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com
Post a Comment