Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting to know Uppercase/Lowercase Letters

We made a trip to the Dollar Tree yesterday and R Jr. picked up these Alphabet Foam Puzzle Playmats. I thought these would be helpful especially since R Jr. knows his upper case letters well, but gets confused with the lower case ones.

R Jr. has several other similar boards, like the wooden alphabet puzzle board in uppercase letters. Then he has the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics with lower case. But yesterday, I was surprised to see him play with his new mats almost the entire afternoon. After dinner, I asked him to match as many letters as he could. He managed to do these till he decided to move on to something else. Not bad at all... I love the Dollar Tree even more now:)
I was just browsing, and came across this article on "Ideas for teaching letter recognition".
Sunday Strolling Blog Hop

8 comments:

Kenna said...

Thanks for stopping by & following! I am your newest follower:)

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

Hi I am following you back now. have a good sunday
http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

Peggy said...

I am following !!
Pegsplay
matternu@gmail.com

Katie Sexton said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am now following you back!!
Mommy Katie
www.mommykatie.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up:) Im following you back now. Have a great Sunday Stroll!

Confessions of a Paper-Crafts Chick said...

Hi Shanti,

That's cool that the little one is into learning - especially on his own.
(I'm followin ya - have a great Sunday and thanks for sharing the "Sunday Strolling" blog hop)

Unknown said...

following from Sunday Strolling....i like your blog!!

michelle
menarethattheymighthavejoy.blogspot.com

SquirrelQueen said...

That is great that the mats held his attention for that length of time. Having fun is the best way to learn.

Thanks for following, I am following you back. Have a great week!
The Road to Here