I have always loved cooking, and very rarely have had to scratch my head wondering what to cook for a meal....until I had to cook for my very own son. He has always been a picky eater. Even when he was an infant, he hated his milk. I thought it would get better with time, but I wish...I try to create meals that not only look appealing to those little eyes but also provide the much needed nutrition. Necessity is the mother of invention...and this mother is sure a life saver for me when it comes to his lunch...Take a look at this....Doesn't it look gorgeous..

Here's how I make it...Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Stir in chopped broccoli (I also add a few finely chopped spinach leaves at times) and saute for a minute or so. Add in about half a cup of heavy cream. When it comes to a boil, toss in a quarter cup of grated parmigiano reggiano. Simmer till the sauce thickens and then throw in the cooked pasta with salt to your liking. Finish it off with a dash of pepper. Ain't that easy...
My son is such a brat..anything green is yucky to him...When he got home last evening, I asked him what he ate for lunch, and pat came the reply "Yucky pasta!!!". And then he asked "Mama, did you put grass in my pasta?" That had us all cracking up...But I know for sure he loved it...
No comments:
Post a Comment