Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Organizing my jewelry

Doesn't it get so frustrating when you have to get to work in five minutes and you can't find the other earring or your necklace is all knotted up into a ball. Well, that happens to me on more than one occasion in a week, and I have tried several methods to keep my jewelry more organized. I used to have them all in seperate boxes, or several small resealable packets within boxes, only to be too lazy to put them back where they should belong.
I didn't have to browse for too long to find the perfect solution. I bought the biggest photo frame that I could find from Dollar Tree and dressed it up. All the necklaces and the hook earring sets found a place here.

But wait, I am not done yet...All the clip-on or friction back earring sets found a new home in an empty egg carton...
I am trying to think of a way to disguise the egg carton top. Have a few ideas that I might try this evening. Will post pictures once I am done. But for now, I hope this serves the purpose and there are no more instances of lost or mixed up earrings.
Thoughts?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Wonderful tips! Following you through Meet and Greet Monday!

- Shelli :)

Unknown said...

Hi - thanks for following my blog today. I appreciate your stopping by! Loved the marble painting idea. R Jr. looked like he was having a lot of fun - and I liked the pan with the handles. It's so much easier for little hands to control what they are doing. Good idea!

I have a couple of bookreviews coming up on the family literacy blogs that include things you can do with your son. =0) So watch for 'em.

Tina "The Book lady"
http://familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com

Candace said...

Cute blog I found it on mingle monday!
I need to get organized too... great idea :)
-Candace
http://cbbaby.blogspot.com

stash mama said...

Thanks for the follow! I am totally following you back now! I hope you will stop by and enter the Birthday BASH of giveaways at my blog Stash Mama

Jules said...

Shanti! Thank you for following Ad Bits- I hope you like what you read there. :) I'm happy to be your newest follower... you have awesome ideas on here!
~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from the Blog Hop! Hope you can stop by and follow me back :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

What a wonderful idea and very resourceful! It's a lot easier and stress-free when you're organized!

Thanks for visiting! :)

Angela Cooling said...

Shanti, Thanks for following... I am now a follower as well and this is such a wonderful idea!!!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Nice ideas. Im your newest follower from blog hop today.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/