Pages

Followers

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Sunday Pasta Party!!!

R Sr. was out of the country for the past week and I had to come up with something interesting for R Jr. to do on the weekend. Yesterday, when he asked what we would be doing, I said "Let's have a pasta party!". "What's a pasta party, Mama" asked R Jr. "Well, we shall cook some pasta for lunch, and then make some pasta craft" I replied. His excitement couldn't be contained, even though he had no idea what pasta craft was. Truth be told, even I hadn't the slightest idea about what I was going to do but decided to let him lead and see what he would come up with.

So, R Jr. insisted on helping me make spaghetti(sans spaghetti, R Jr. selected the pasta to go into the spaghetti). So I let him add pasta to the boiling water.


Then I prepped up the materials for the craft project. I spread a shower liner over the patio deck, some old newspapers to catch any kind of paint spill. I brought out the paints, construction paper, some containers for the paints and different shapes of pasta.

Here are the different shapes of pasta we used:


I got these fun travel pasta from World market:


And here is R Jr. busy at work:


By the time he was done with all the painting, it was nap time. I explained to him that the paint needs to dry up before we can do anything with it. In the evening, we glued the painted pasta onto a construction paper :


Now, you know that R Jr. has had a significant contribution in this when you see the bustling traffic on that street:)
What a fun Sunday it was!!

4 comments:

Frugal Science Gal said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you get a chance to come back and visit! I absolutely LOVE comments! I have a really exciting giveaway coming up later this week so keep a look out for it!
I am returning the follow from Sunday Strolling!

Frugal Science Gal
http://frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Walker said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting... I am now following and look forward to reading more of your stuff.
All the best,
Kim

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Good for you. That's what I like to see. I'm following you back. Hope you'll come back again soon.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

HBrummett said...

Thanks for linking upat Making Friends Monday! Thanks for following me! I am a new follower of your great blog! Have a great week! www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com