
R Jr. loves to sing along when I play his nursery rhymes CD. But, I noticed that he finds it hard to pick up the words from a song, or doesn't say them right. I have quite a few Nursery Rhymes books, but they have pretty much the same songs, mainly the most popular ones like Mary had a Little Lamb, Baa Baa Black Sheep etc. and he has already mastered those. So I printed out these free printable nursery rhymes and put them in a binder. I used http://www.smart-central.com/. One thing that I did not like was that the print for some of the songs is pretty tiny for those little eyes. Otherwise, this site offers a very good collection, like R Jr.'s favorites from Mary Poppins and Sound of Music. They have also included the origin of some of the songs. The French song "Alouette" printable has the English translation for the key words.
We had fun last night reading and of course singing. This way, I can correct him when he doesn't sing a line or verse right. I can point out the words to him as he sings which helps him hone his reading skills too. As he shows interest in a new song from his CD collection, I can just print it off and add to the existing collection. I also plan on adding some Disney classics to the collection, which I am sure R Jr. will love.

11 comments:
thanks for stopping by the Tuesday Blog Hop and following New To Mom. I'm following back.
The book is a great idea!
Just landed here from FMBT, so many wonderful reads on your blog. I followed you, thanks for stopping by and for the support. Have a great day.
Love your blog! You have such a flare for creativity and inspiration for young minds! I'm following you now from TBH . Please stop by and visit me at www.walkingtheoffbeatenpath.blogspot.com
I'm now a new follower from FMBT. I love all of your creative ways to do activities with your little two year old--especially because I have a little two year old boy too. I can't wait to continue reading some of your great ideas. I'm so glad I found you!
http:/mommyspirit.blogspot.com
LOL, the english version of alouette are kind of scary aren't they? Doesn't it translate to plucking a birdy head off?
Adorable blog! I'm about to find your follow button and follow you back!
What a fantastic idea. My kids often say a verse or 2 wrong as well, and sometimes I even get some of the words backwards. This is a great way to spend time together as a family, singing songs, help the kids learn new words by reading and following along with the lyrics.
Dawn
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com
Hello. I found your blog via Tuesday Blog Hop and decided to follow. I hope ou will come check my blog out and maybe follow me too.
http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/08/tuesday-blog-hop-new.html
Thanks for stopping by! I am following you back! That's a pretty cool tip there....printing your own book!
Τhiѕ іs a tορіс which is near
to my heart… Take cаre! Exaсtly ωhere аre
your contact dеtails thοugh?
Also νiѕіt my blog organic potting soil
Good daу! Ι could hаve swоrn I’ve vіsіteԁ this site bеfore but after going through many of
the artіcleѕ I realized it’s new to me. Rеgarԁless, I’m cегtainly happy
I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bοοkmaгκіng іt and checκing back fгequently!
Tаκe а looκ at my hοmepage ::
losing weight after 50
I was excitеd tο find thіѕ wеb sіte.
I ωanted to thanκ you for οnеѕ time for thiѕ
ρartiсularly wonԁeгful reаd!
! I ԁefіnitelу savored eνery bit οf
it anԁ I haѵe уou bοok mаrkeԁ to check out nеω stuff on youг site.
my ѕite garden
Post a Comment