Pages

Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Egg carton creatures

What a short 'long weekend' it was. Here's how we spent it: Saturday-Running errands. Sunday- Picnic at the beach with friends. Monday-Invited friends over for dinner.

I had extended my long weekend through Tuesday as R Jr. is home this whole week. He is super excited about Halloween this time. So, I took him to Dollar Tree in the morning and picked up some decorations. Since things at Dollar Tree never go on sale, I prefer to buy them early on when they are stocked up. We got home for lunch and then R Jr. sat to paint egg cartons.


I was impressed with his work. We then let the cartons dry while we took an afternoon siesta. Later, we had R Jr.'s friend and her mommy for tea. After they had left, R Jr. reminded me about the cartons.

So we sat down and started decorating the cartons.


We ended up with a caterpillar, a butterfly and a bumblebee.




R Jr. couldn't wait for his daddy to be home so that he could show off his new creations. Such a fun and inexpensive craft and a great way to put those egg cartons to use.

38 comments:

LivingChicontheCheap said...

Very cute!

Thanks for the follow...I am now following you back.

Jessica
www.jessicascoupons.com

Karen said...

awwww, those caterpillers are adorable! So much fun. Saw you on Take it from me blog hop. Following your blog now. I enjoyed reading it! Stop by if you get chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Awww..love the craft idea...too cute
Great Blog .... visiting you from Wednesday Frog Hop and are following you now via GFC ... would love if you can visit me over at www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com
Happy wednesday
Melanie

April said...

Following you from Welcome Wednesday! Loving your blog already :) What a fun project with the kids!

Best,
April

www.marineparents.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

following via the blog hop.
Very kute site!!
http://publixcouponqueen.blogspot.com/

Dawn Lopez said...

Neato! I love the project! Adorable!

We are your newest followers! Hope you will drop by and visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

Have a fabulous evening!

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

Aww, that caterpiller came out really cute!! And it looks so easy too.

Hi, by the way - I am a new follower from one of the blog hops :)

Unknown said...

Hi, I am your newest follower, found you on Thursday Blog Hop! Nice blog!!

Thanks,
Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

cute! Showcase Sisters is now following you from Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop! http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Adorable, I'm totally stealing that idea! I'm following from the blog hop, come follow me too!

http://frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com

Ron Cooper said...

Hi Shanti,

Good to see you on Thinking of Me Thursday! My Facebook fan page, “Inspire!” has quotes, poems and stories to inspire you. I’d like to invite you to stop by!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

Nicki Woo said...

too cute. loving that craft! 'm sure my kiddos will too. thanks for sharing.

i'm your newest follower!

http://www.nickiwoo.com

Melissa said...

How cute are these! Going to have to borrow the idea! New Follower!

Peaceful wishes,
Melissa
www.thecutestchaos.blogspot.com

momondealz said...

So cute! Thanks for following Momondealz! I am returning the favor. I hope you get a chance to come back and visit this month, there are giveaways everyday for kids!

Cherie said...

cute... I am following you!
http://justcraftytoday.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm a new follower from Friendly Friday! Would love for you to enter my giveaways!

http://mywholedollar.blogspot.com

S said...

How super-cute and fun those look!! It's definitely something I'll have to try with my son when he gets a little older! Thanks so much for visiting my little old blog! I am following you now. :) Can't wait to read more! :)

-Staci
{The Crafty} Rambling Military Wife

Linda... said...

Hi! These are adorable - I'll have to make them with my granddaughter. I am a new blogger following you via Following Friday and I hope you will follow me back and maybe "Grab" my button. Have a great day.
http://Lindalovesblog.blogspot.com

Betty Manousos said...

Super awesome and impressive! He's so adorable!

Stopping by from BMBF!

I am now following your lovely blog..would love for you to stop by and do the same!

Happy Friday!
B

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Love the post! I am your newest follower. Would love for you to visit my blog and do the same!

*~Petra~* said...

Those are fantastic! What a fun idea to do with little kids.

I'm a new follower from Boost My Blog Friday. :)
http://donuts2crumpets.blogspot.com
http://frugalityville.blogspot.com

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

neat! I'll have to do this with my son this week!

I am a new follower from the blog hop! I hope you can stop by and visit my blog.

Have a great day!

Kari
http://shining2save.com

Kristie said...

New follower from It's Friday, I'm Hopping! Love the crafts, I need to get better about letting my kids get messy with paint.

Kristie
http://www.puddlescollection.com/blog/

Cinny said...

awww... :) Thanks for stopping by and following. I"m now following you back. Come enter my Giani Granite giveaway. Low entries and it ends today!

http://whirlwindofsurprises.blogspot.com/2010/08/giani-granite-review-and-giveaway-50.html?commentPage=2

Sofia said...

Found you over @ Social Parade on Friday! I'm your new follower. Come visit and follow back!
Sofia
http://frompdxwithlove.com

Mama Hen said...

This is so cute! You have a new follower! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick. Have a great night!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Hi!! I'm your newest follower from the hops this weekend! What a cute creative space you have here:) Hope you can return the favor and swing over to mine!
http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

How cute!

Just found your blog from Spotlight Saturday. Have a great weekend!

Our Funny Little Family said...

I'm going to have to remember this craft, those are too cute!
Newest Follower from the SSS blog hop! :) We'd love it if you'd follow us back!

http://funnylittlepeanut.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How Cute!!
Hello I'm your newest follower from Sensational Saturday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Tracy
Life of This SAHM

www.audsbabydays.blogspot.com

Social Media Junkie said...

Happy Saturday,
Thanks for linking and following for Spotlight Saturday. I am your newest follower.
Have a great weekend.
-Staycee
www.sjunkie.com

Emy said...

Thanks for sharing the craft project. The caterpillar and be turned out beautifully. I'll definitely give this a try with my boy when he's a little bit bigger.

P.S.
I'm a new follower. I found you through Sensational Saturday Social.

http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I love your blog!!! New follower from Saturday Spotlight!

You can find me at http://www.ashoppersquest.com

Alyssa said...

Those came out great!

I'm a new follower! Hope you'll come visit me at She's Mommafied!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea for a craft!

I'm a new follower - hope you'll swing by http://www.playthatnow.com

Erin Wallace said...

This is so fun!

Here (late) for the Friday blog hops! Great blog! Your newest follower. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin
droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

cottonfieldfarm said...

Goodness gracious! How precious! Will have to try these when we do our "Bug" unit at school!
Thanks!
Please stop by and visit!
http://cottonfieldfarm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this web site by means of
my cousin. I am not sure whether or not this publish is written
by him as no one else recognize such detailed about my difficulty.
You are incredible! Thanks!
Here is my website ... online health